Enterprise to Field System for Grid Modernization
Strategic Approach to Grid Modernization
Strategical Approach to Technology
IGIN-EFS fully addresses these strategic requirements and more.
Enterprise to Field System (EFS) is a new category of automation architecture that enables utilities, commercial, industrial, government, military, health or educational facilities monitor, control, and automate their entire array of field assets.
IGIN-EFS is a single end-to-end platform provided by DigitaLogic that utilizes the EFS-Server and Intelligent Grid Interface Node (IGIN) for securely connecting the enterprise-level systems to the field-level devices that may or may not be geographically dispersed. The process is accomplished by leveraging any land/wireless telecom assets and applying IGIN-EFS to deploy new telecom assets, when needed, to extend the telecom coverage.
IGIN-EFS enables utilities to overcome their most pressing challenges by:
- Enabling successful completion of projects with less human and technical resources.
- “Future-proofing” the system infrastructure against continuous changes in hardware, software, applications, standards, etc.
- Implementing cyber security on single platform over different communication system links/types and different field RTUs and devices.
- Securely enabling interoperability, advanced application deployment, data-sharing and Enterprise System consolidation across multiple users, organizations and companies.
- Creating a manageable technological platform for real-time data, especially when the system has grown to hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of remote devices over a large geographical area.
IGIN-EFS is proven at many utilities and other organizations. It successfully and cost-effectively helps any organization to implement their smart applications and projects. Examples of organizations that can benefit from IGIN-EFS include:
- Electric Utility (Distribution, Transmission, Generation, Renewable Energy, Microgrid, etc.)
- Oil/Gas and Water/Wastewater Utilities
- Other facilities include Commercial, Industrial, Government, Military, Health or Educational